IES Student Best Paper Award
Established: in 2006
Description: To recognize the student best paper in The Industrial Electronics Society publications and to encourage the student or graduate student author to contribute further in the field of industrial electronics.
Administration: Administered by the Industrial Electronics Society Awards and Honor Committee (IES A&H Committee).
Prize: Certificate, $1,000 and travel expense reimbursement for the award ceremony (limited to $2,000). In case of multiple authors the prize is to be shared among the awardees..
Funding: Funded by IEEE Industrial Electronics Society.
Nominee Solicitation: The IES A&H Committee asks for nominations from the following:
1.Chairs/Co-chairs and/or Technical Program Chairs of the society's major conferences.
2. Editors-in-Chief of the society's all publications.
Eligibility: Author(s) of papers in the Industrial Electronics Society publications during the year specified for the award, where the first author must be a student or a graduate student IEEE member. Must be student or graduate student member of the IEEE.
Basis for Judging: The award paper will be selected based on the value of the contribution, subject matter, originality, and composition. Awarded only when suitable candidates are identified. Not necessarily awarded yearly.
Presentation: At the Society's annual conference.
- 2006 - Hideyuki Kobayashi
- 2007 - Lorinc M. Marton, Citation: Stable Adaptive Ball and Beam Control, IEEE 3rd Intern’l Conference on Mechatronics, Budapest, 2006.
- 2008 - None
- 2009 - None
- 2010 - Jorg Dannehl, Christian Wessels, Friederich W. Fuchs, Citation: For the paper titled, “Limitations of Voltage-Oriented PI Current Control of Grid-Connected PWM Rectifiers with LCL Filters, IEEE Trans. on Industrial Electronics, pp.380-388, Vol.56, No.2, January 2009.
2011 - R.K. Gupta, A. Somani., Citation: For the paper titled, “Direct-Matrix-Converter-Based Drive for a Three-Phase Open-End-Winding AC Machine With Advanced Features, IEEE Trans. on Industrial Electronics, pp.4032-4042, Vol.57, No.12, , December 2010.
- 2012 - Yikai Wang, Citation: For the paper, “Design of Integrated Dual-Loop Delta - Sigma Modulated Switching Power Converter for Adaptive Wireless Powering in Biomedical Implants," IEEE Trans. IE vol.58, no.9, pp.4241-4249, Sept. 2011.
- 2013 - Wencong Su, Habiballah Rahimi-Eichi, Wente Zeng, Citation: For the paper, “A Survey on the Electrification of Transportation in a Smart Grid Environment,” IEEE Trans. on Industrial Informatics, vol.8, no.1, pp.1-10, February 2012.
- 2014 - Yunmei Zheng, Citation: For the paper, “An Efficient Data-Driven Particle PHD Filter for Multitarget Tracking," IEEE Trans. II vol.9, no.4, pp.2318-2326, Nov. 2013.
- 2015 - Antonios Antonopoulos, Kalle Ilves, Citation: For the paper, “Global Asymptotic Stability of Modular Multilevel Converters," IEEE Trans. on Industrial Electronics, Vol.61, No.2, pp.603-612, February 2014.
- 2016 - (1) Ivan Subotic, Citation: For the paper, "Onboard Integrated Battery Charger for EVs Using an Asymmetrical Nine-Phase Machine," IEEE Trans. on Industrial Electronics, vol.62, no.5, pp.3285-3295, May 2015.
- 2016 - (2) Suman Debnath, Citation: For the paper, “Control and Stability of Modular Multilevel Converter under Low-Frequency Operation," IEEE Trans. on Industrial Electronics, vol.62, no9, pp.5329-5339, Sept. 2015.
- 2017 - Y. Liu, W. Wu, Y. He, Z. Lin, F. Blaabjerg and H. S. H. Chung, "An Efficient and Robust Hybrid Damper for $LCL$- or $LLCL$-Based Grid-Tied Inverter With Strong Grid-Side Harmonic Voltage Effect Rejection," in IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 63, no. 2, pp. 926-936, Feb. 2016.