IES Best Conference Paper Award
Established: in 2006
Description: To recognize the best paper in the Industrial Electronics Society's major conference proceedings.
Administration: Administered by The Industrial Electronics Society Awards and Honor Committee (IES A&H Committee).
Eligibility: Author(s) of papers in the Industrial Electronics Society's major conference proceedings during the year specified for the award. Must be member of the IEEE.
Prize: Certificate, $1,000 and travel expense reimbursement for the award ceremony (limited to $2,000). In case of multiple authors the prize is to be shared among the awardees.
Funding: Funded by IEEE Industrial Electronics Society.
Nominee Solicitation: The IES A&H Committee calls for nominations from Chairs/Co-Chairs and/or Technical Program Chairs of the society's major conferences.
Basis for Judging: The Best Conference Paper will be selected based upon its originality and ??????? its contribution to the field of industrial electronics. The award is given only when suitable candidates are identified: it is not necessarily awarded yearly.
Presentation: At the Society's major international conference.
- 2008 - None nominated from 2007 papers.
- 2009 - None nominated from 2008 papers.
- 2010 - Giovanni Gamba, Federico Tramarin, Andreas Willig, Citation: For the paper titled, “Retransmission Strategies for Cyclic Polling over Wireless Channels in The Presence of Interference, Proc. 2009 IEEE ETFA Conference, IEEE Catalog #: CFP09ETF-CDR.
- 2011 - None nominated from 2010 papers.
- 2012 - Eiichi Saito, Seiichiro Katsura, Citation: For the paper, “Vibration Suppression of Resonant System by Using Wave Compensator,” Proc. IECON2011 – 37th Annual Conference on IEEE Industrial Electronics Society, pp.4250-4255, Nov. 2011.
- 2013 - Keita Shimamoto, Kouhei Ohnishi, Citation: for the paper, “Motion Control for 2-DOF Tendon-Driven Spherical Joint Mechanisms,”Proc. IECON2012, Nov. 2012.
- 2014 - Thiago Batista Soeiro, Márcio Silveira Ortmann, Marcelo Lobo Heldwein, Citation: For the paper, "Three-Phase Five-Level Bidirectional Buck- + Boost-type PFC Converter for DC Distribution Systems," Proc. 2013 IEEE International Conference on Industrial Technology.
- 2015 - None nominated from 2014 papers.
- 2016 - Istvan Kiss, Bela Genge, Piroska Haller, Citation: For the paper, "A Clustering-Based Approach to Detect Cyber Attacks in Process Control Systems," Proc. 2015 IEEE International Conference on Industrial Informatics, pp.142-148, 2015.
- 2017 - Q. Liu, W. Fu, J. Qin, W. X. Zheng and H. Gao, "Distributed k-means algorithm for sensor networks based on multi-agent consensus theory," 2016 IEEE International Conference on Industrial Technology (ICIT), Taipei, 2016, pp. 2114-2119.
- 2018 - Dmirtri Vinnikov, Andrii Chub, and Elizaveta Liivik, "Multiphase Galvanically Isolated Impedance-Source DC-DC Converter for Residential Renewable Energy Applications," 26th IEEE International Symposium on Industrial Electronics (ISIE-2017), pp. 1775-1780.
- 2019 - James Langston, Andrew Rockhill, Karl Schoder, Michael Sloderbeck, and Michael Steurer, “Testing Operation and Coordination of Dc Solid State Circuit Breakers,” 44th Annual Conference of the IEEE Industrial Electronics Conference (IECON-2018), pp. 3445-3452.