IEEE Rudolf Chope Research & Development Award
Established: in 2008
Description: To recognize distinguished research and development accomplishments in quantum and industrial electronics and for industrial electrical engineering.
Administration: Administered by the IES Awards and Honor Committee (IES A&H Cmte).
Eligibility: IES members.
Prize: Consists of US$1,000 and Certificate(s). Multiple recipients will divide the prize.
Funding: The Rudolf Chope Award Fund, provided by Chope Family Bypass Trust, and IES.
Award Committee: IES A&H Cmte serves as the Award Committee.
Basis for Judging: The prize individual will be selected by the Award Committee for his distinguished R&D achievement in industrial and/or quantum electronics. The selection will be reviewed by the IES A&H Cmte and be approved by the IES Adcom.
Nominee Solicitation: Calls for nominations are announced in the IEEE Industrial Electronics Magazine and the society's website.
Presentation: At a major international conference of the Society.
Frequency: The award may be presented annually.
Publicity: The announcement of award nomination will be published in the Industrial Electronics Magazine.
To nominate someone, please use the following documents.
- 2008 - None (not sufficient fund)
- 2010 - Dr. Shu Yuen Ron Hui
- 2012 - None (not sufficient fund)
- 2014 - None (not sufficient fund)
- 2016 - None (not sufficient fund)
- 2018 - None
- 2020 - None
- 2021 - Lucia Lo Bello, Citation: For her outstanding contributions to research and development of traffic scheduling and network management techniques to support real-time communications on industrial wireless sensor networks