OJ-IES Editorial Board
Leopoldo G. Franquelo
Professor, Electronics Engineering
Dpto de Ingeniería Electrónica
Universidad de Sevilla
Texas A&M University at Qatar, Qatar
University of Tabriz, Iran
University of Pisa, Italy
University of Nottingham, China
University of Applied Sciences Emden/Leer, Germany
Huawei Technologies, Germany
University of Technology of Belfort-Montbeliard, France
University NOVA of Lisbon, Portugal
Gerhard Petrus Hancke
City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
Harbin Institute of Technology, China
Beijing Jiaotong University, China
City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
Beihang University, China
Universidad de Zaragoza, Spain
Bradley University, USA
Virginia Commonwealth University, USA
Antonio J. Marques Cardoso
CISE | University of Beira Interior (UBI), Portugal
University of Malaya, Malaysia
University of Cergy-Pontoise, France
University of Padova, Italy
TU Delft, Netherlands
Universidad de Talca, Chile
Juan Jose Rodriguez-Andina
Universidad de Vigo, Spain
Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics, China
The Universidadty of Adelaide, Australia
University of Salerno, Italy
Universidad Nacional del Sur, Argentina
Thomas I. Strasser
AIT Austrian Inst. of Technology, Austria
Visvesvaraya National Insitute of Technology, India
Tallinn University of Technology, Estonia
Aalto University, Finland and Luleå University of Technology, Sweden
The University of Auckland, New Zealand
Tianjin University, China
OJ-IES Information for Authors
More about us:
- Rapid turnaround: The peer review process takes 4-6 weeks from submission to accept/reject decision notification.
- Yes / No decisions: Reviews are "binary". Reviewers will either Accept or Reject an article in order to achieve rapid turnaround (no Major Revisions).
- Single-blind peer review: the identity of the reviewer is anonymous, but the author's name and affiliation are on the paper.
- No page limit: There is no page limit for articles and no over-length article charge.
- Online only: There is no printed version of the journal.
This journal is 100% open access, which means that all content is freely available without charge to users or their institutions. All articles are published under a CC BY 4.0 license (or CCBY-NC-ND, learn more about the license options here), and the author retains copyright. Users are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of the articles, or use them for any other lawful purpose, as long as proper attribution is given.
Open access is provided through the payment of an article processing charge (APC) paid after acceptance. APCs are often financed by an author's institution or the funder supporting their research.
The articles in this journal are peer reviewed in accordance with the requirements set forth in the IEEE PSPB Operations Manual (sections 8.2.1.C & 8.2.2.A). Each published article was reviewed by a minimum of two independent reviewers using a single-blind peer review process, where the identities of the reviewers are not known to the authors, but the reviewers know the identities of the authors. Articles will be screened for plagiarism before acceptance.Corresponding authors from low income countries are eligible for waived or reduced APCs.
All IEEE authors are expected to adhere to IEEE’s publishing ethics, including the definition of authorship, the appropriate citation of sources, the accurate reporting of data, and the publishing of original research. Visit the IEEE Author Center to learn more. All articles submitted for publication should be original and not under consideration elsewhere; if your article is based on a previous publication such as a conference proceeding, cite the original publication and clearly indicate how the articles differ. Contact the Editor-in-Chief with any questions on publishing ethics.
All IEEE journals require an Open Researcher and Contributor ID (ORCID) for all authors. ORCID is a persistent unique identifier for researchers and functions similarly to an article’s Digital Object Identifier (DOI). You will need a registered ORCID to submit an article or review a proof in this journal. Learn more about ORCID and sign up for an ORCID today.
English Language Editing Services
English language editing services can help refine the language of your article and reduce the risk of rejection without review. IEEE authors are eligible for discounts at several language editing services; visit the IEEE Author Center to learn more. Please note these services are fee-based and do not guarantee acceptance.
Share Your Code and Data
Increase the impact of your work by sharing your code and data for others to view, build upon, and reuse. IEEE works with Code Ocean, a cloud-based computational reproducibility platform, to make your code discoverable. IEEE DataPort, an online data repository of datasets and data analysis tools, makes your datasets discoverable. Visit the IEEE Author Center for more information.
IEEE Author Tools
Preparing your article for submission is easy with IEEE Author Tools. Tools are available to help you find the right publication for your research, check the quality of your graphics, validate your LaTeX files, and verify your reference list.
Article Processing Charges (APCs)
The APC for this journal is $1750 per article, plus applicable local taxes. This journal has no page limits.APC reductions:
- IEEE’s APC discounts include 5% off for IEEE members or 15% off for Industrial Electronics Society members.
License options in the electronic IEEE Copyright Form:
- CCBY: The CCBY license allows authors to retain copyright in the work, but also carries very broad rights for end users. For instance, end users may reuse the work and must always credit the original author. But the end user does not have to obtain permission from the author to reuse the work, even for commercial purposes or to create derivative works.
- CCBY-NC-ND: similar to the CCBY license, in that authors are allowed to retain copyright to their work, and end users may reuse the work, provided that they credit the original author. The end user does not have to obtain permission from the authors or IEEE to reuse the work, but the reuse cannot be for commercial purposes or change the work in any way.
If your article is accepted for publication, you will receive emailed instructions regarding your next steps. You may be asked to upload final production-ready files. Shortly after final files are uploaded, you will receive your article proofs for final review, along with instructions on how to review your proofs and submit any corrections. Please note that major changes to your article, including the list of references, are not permitted after the article is accepted for publication. Please contact the Editor-in-Chief if you have any doubts about whether a modification you wish to make is appropriate.
IEEE Open Journal of the Industrial Electronics Society
IEEE Open Journal of the Industrial Electronics Society focuses on knowledge-based factory automation as a means to enhance industrial fabrication and manufacturing processes. This embraces a collection of techniques that use information analysis, manipulation, and distribution to achieve higher efficiency, effectiveness, reliability, and/or security within the industrial environment. The scope of the journal includes reporting, defining, providing a forum for discourse, and informing its readers about the latest developments in intelligent and computer control systems, robotics, factory communications and automation, flexible manufacturing, vision systems, and data acquisition and signal processing.
- DC/DC Power Converters
- Power Converters for Grid Connection
- Electrical Machines and Drives
- Renewable Energies and Energy Storage Systems
- Robotics, Mechatronics and Motion Control
- Advanced sensing, signal processing and actuation
- Industrial applications of Automatic Control
- Electronics for Industrial control applications
- Factory and Building automation
- Informatics and Communication
- Digitalization and Cyber-physical systems
- Human Factors in Industrial Eco-Systems
- Artificial Intelligence and Data Sciences
- Education in Industrial Electronics
Leopoldo G. Franquelo
- Professor, Electronics Engineering
- Dpto de Ingeniería Electrónica
- Universidad de Sevilla
Information for Authors
Submit your Paper View on IEEE Xplore
- How to submit a paper
- What is Open Access?
- APC charges and discounts
- View all instructions
Policies and guidelines
- ORCID is required for all authors
- IES Periodicals Editorial Policy and Guidelines
- Excerpt from IEEE publication policy (All IEEE IPR guidelines)
- Multiple Submission Guidelines (Excerpt from IEEE PSPB Operations Manual)
- IEEE Author Center: the IEEE author platform with tools and information (here).
Read the OJ-IES on IEEE Xplore
Early Access Current Issue