TII - Final Submission
Submission of final manuscript
If an editor decides to accept your manuscript, you will receive via email an "acceptance" decision. In ScholarOne® Manuscripts, the status of your paper will be "Awaiting Final Files" and you will be able to submit the final manuscript.
Visit the information for authors page and download the instructions document and the manuscript template.
The checklist TII checklist for manuscript submissions also applies to the final stage, with some exceptions:
- The manuscript must include in this stage: author names list, footnote on the first page, optional acknowledgement section and authors' bios and photos).
- Once you add footnotes, acknowledgement, author photos and bios, please tailor your paper so it's length does not exceed the 8 pages limit (up to 12 pages with fees) and the last page is not half empty. If your paper after editing at IEEE HQ will run to a new page the editor may remove your photos and/or bios.
- Please notice that there are mandatory overlength charges of $160 per page, up to 12 pages.
- In state-of-the-art papers, with adequate justification, the EiC may increase the page limit to 12 pages.
- This submission must include the final list of references. Any later change will cause prolonged delays in the publishing process.
Upon acceptance, you will receive an email with specific instructions regarding the submission of your final files. To avoid any delays in publication, please be sure to follow these instructions. Final submissions should include source files of your accepted manuscript, high quality graphic files, and a formatted PDF file. If you have any questions regarding the final submission process, please contact the administrative contact for the journal.
- Double column version of your Manuscript, saved as PDF. This PDF file must be made following all IEEE and TII guide styles and will be used for preprinting your paper on IEEE Xplore. When printing to PDF from WORD in printer properties, select "Press Quality" instead of "Standard" so the file meets Xplore requirements. Name this file as ALL_TII-1x-xxxx.pdf. This double column version of your final paper will be published as it is on the IEEE Xplore as forthcoming articles.
- Format the complete document (including text, figures and tables) with single-column double-space (using 12 font size). Save the document as TXT_TII-1x-xxxx.doc (whether Word file) or TXT_TII-1x-xxxx.tex (whether LaTeX project).
- Save all your figures in one or several documents. FIG1_TII-1x-xxxx.ext. Proper extensions are PS, EPS, TIFF, Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel, or PDF.
- Include color photos of each author with proper format (TIF, JPEG, EPS, PDF, DOC, or PPT) and proper resolution (300 dpi). Name each photo as "Author_Name"."extension".
- For regular papers include biographies of each author (100-150 words). Name each file as Author_Name.txt
- In text document ABS_TII-1x-xxxx.txt include title, authors, and abstract. Thanks to this file, your paper will be broadcasted before printing. Please do not include authors' IEEE membership or status.
- In text document MOD_TII-1x-xxxx.txt explain recent changes to the manuscript after acceptance. If no changes have been done, this file should include the sentence "No changes have been applied to the manuscript".
- Please prepare the text document INF_TII-1x-xxxx.txt with key information about your manuscript (download the template from webpage):
- Document ID.
- Document title.
- Document subject (select best fitting subject out of our 11 subjects):
- Communication, Networking & Broadcasting
- Components, Circuits, Devices & Systems
- Computing & Processing
- Engineered Materials, Dielectrics & Plasmas
- Fields, Waves & Electromagnetics
- Power, Energy, & Industry Applications
- Robotics & Control Systems
- Signal Processing & Analysis
- Corresponding author:
- full name.
- complete address.
- telephone number, fax number (where proofs of the manuscript can be sent).
- Authors' names and IEEE and IES memberships.
- first and last name of first author, IEEE membership rank (S/M/SM/F), year, IEEE membership number, IES membership (yes/no).
- first and last name of second author, IEEE membership rank (S/M/SM/F), year, IEEE membership number, IES membership (yes/no).
- All color figures will be displayed on Xplore for free, but if you want color figures printed in hardcopies you will have to pay for this extra service. Please indicate here if you want some of your figures to be printed in color.
Pack everything to one zip file TII-1x-xxxx.zip and upload into ScholarOne® Manuscripts.
Once authors upload final files in ScholarOne® Manuscripts, they will be automatically redirected to a new IEEE page where they can sign the eCF.
As a summary, the zip file should include the following files:
ALL_TII-1x-xxxx.pdf PDF file of paper in IEEE double column format (here).
TXT_TII-1x-xxxx.doc or TXT_TII-1x-xxxx.tex Manuscript in single column double space to extract text of the manuscript for production.
FIG1_TII-1x-xxxx.ext Figure or figures in the acceptable format.
AUTHOR_NAME.txt Short biographies of each author (100-150 words).
AUTHOR_NAME.ext Color photos of each author in proper graphical format.
ABS_TII-1x-xxxx.txt Title, authors, and abstract. Please do not include authors' IEEE membership or status here.
MOD_TII-1x-xxxx.txt Recent modifications to the manuscript and response to reviewers' comment.
INF_TII-1x-xxxx.txt Key information about the manuscript. (download the INF template).
You are strongly encouraged to use TeX, LaTeX or Troff programs for the most accurate and efficient transfer of your manuscript, especially for those containing extensive mathematics.
The zip file TII-1x-xxxx.zip should be uploaded into ScholarOne® Manuscripts. Login to ScholarOne® Manuscripts and go to your Author Center. You will see a page similar to the one shown below. In the lower right corner you will see the "submit final files" link. Go there and upload your ZIP (or RAR) file using file designation as other