IEEE Outstanding Paper Award for the IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics
Established: in 1997 as Transactions Paper Award; Revised in 2021.
Description: To recognize outstanding papers published in the IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics (T-IE).
Administration: Administered by The Industrial Electronics Society Awards and Honors Committee (IES A&H Committee).
Eligibility: Author(s) of papers published in the T-IE during the year specified for the award.
Prize: US$2,000 and certificate(s), plus reimbursement for travel expenses to receive the award, up to but not more than US$3,000. Co-authors may divide the US$2,000 prize.
Funding: Funded by IEEE Industrial Electronics Society.
Award Committee: The Editorial Board of the T-IE chaired by the Editor-in-Chief of T-IE.
Basis for Judging: The prize paper will be selected by the T-IE Editorial Board on the basis of the value of the contribution, subject matter, originality, and composition.
Nominee Solicitation: The IES A&H Committee asks for recommendations from the T-IE Editor-in-Chief. Nomination can also be made by Society’s members at large to the Award Committee.
Presentation of Award: At the Society's major international conference.
To nominate someone, please use the following documents.
- 1998 - Jong Up Jeon, Toshiro Higuchi
- 1999 - Hwan Jung Kwanghee Nam, Taiju Suzuki
- 2000 - Shigenobu Shinohara
- 2001 - Atsuo Kawamura, Junji Hirai, Tae Woong Kim
- 2002 - Lennart Harnefors, Hiroshi Fujimoto, Yoichi Hori, Atsuo Kawamura
- 2003 - Ashwin M. Khambadkone & Joachim Holtz, “Compensated Synchronous PI Controller in Overmodulation Range and Six-Step Operation of Space-Vector-Modulation-Based Vector-Controlled Drives,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 49, no. 3, June 2002, pp. 574-580.
- 2004 -
- 2005 - R. Cardenas, R. Pena, G. M. Asher, J. Clare and R. Blasco-Gimenez, "Control strategies for power smoothing using a flywheel driven by a sensorless vector-controlled induction machine operating in a wide speed range,", IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 51, no. 3, pp. 603-614, June 2004.
- 2006 -
- 2007 - Joachim Holtz, Sensorless control of Induction Machines - with or without Signal Injection, TIE, v. 53, n.1, pp 7-30, Feb 2006.
- 2008 - J. Rodriiquez, J. Pontt, C. Silva, P. Correa, P. Lezana, P. Cortes, U. Ammann, Predictive Current control of a Voltage Source Inverter, TIE, v.54, no. 1, pp 495-503, Feb. 2007.
- 2009 - E. Levi, Multiphase Electric Machines for Variable-Speed Applications,IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 55, No.5, May 2008, pp 1893-1909.
- 2010 - Federico Barrero, Manuel R.Arahal, Raul Gregor, Sergio Toral, Mario J. Duran, Citation: For the paper titled, “A Proof of Concept Study of Predictive Current Control for VSI-driven Asymmetrical Dual Three-phase AC Machines", IEEE Trans. Industrial Electronics, Vol.56, No.6, 2009.
- 2011 - (1) M. Steurer, C.S. Edrington, M. Sloderbeck, R. Wei, J. Langston, Citation: “A Megawatt-Scale Power Hardware-in-the-Loop Simulation Setup for Motor Drives”, Trans. IE, vol. 57, no. 4, pp.1254-1260, 2010.
- 2011 - (2) Y-H Kim, Y.C. Choi, M-W. Seo, H-J Yoo, Citation: “A CMOS Transceiver for a Multistandard 13.56 MHz RFID Reader Soc,” Trans. IE, vol.57, No.5, pp.1563-1572, 2010.
- 2012 - Jose Ignacio Leon, Samir Kouro, Sergio Vazquez, Ramon Portillo, Leopoldo Garcia Franquelo, Juan Manuel Carrasco, Jose Rodriguez, Citation: For the paper, “Multidimensional Modulation Technique for Cascaded Multilevel Converters,” IEEE Trans. On Industrial Electronics, vol.58, No.2, pp.412-420, Feb. 2011.
- 2013 - Francisco Gonzalez-Espin, Emilio Figueres Amoros, Gabriel Garcera, Citation: for the paper, “An Adaptive Synchronous Reference Frame Phase Locked Loop for Power Quality Improvement in A Polluted Utility Grid,”. IEEE Trans. On Industrial Electronics, vol.59, no.6, pp.2718-2731, June 2012.
- 2014 - Kanghyun Nam, Sehoon Oh, Hiroshi Fujimoto, Yoichi Hori, Citation: For the paper, “Estimation of Sideslip and Roll Angles of Electric Vehicles Using Lateral Tire Force Sensors Through RLS and Kalman Filter Approaches,” IEEE Trans. on Industrial Electronics, vol.60, No.3, pp.988-1000, March 2013.
- 2015 - Shen Yin, Hao Luo, Steven X. Ding, Citation: For the paper, “Real-Time Implementation of Fault-Tolerant Control Systems with Performance Optimization,” IEEE Trans. on Industrial Electronics, Vol.61, No.5, pp.2402-2411, May 2014.
- 2016 - Giuseppe Buja, Manuele Bertoluzzo, Ritesh K. Keshri, Citation: For the paper, “Torque Ripple-Free Operation of PM BLDC Drives with Petal-Wave Current Supply,” IEEE Trans. on Industrial Electronics, vol.62, no.7, pp.4034-4043, 2015.
- 2017 - L. Zhang, W. Chen, J. Liu and C. Wen, "A Robust Adaptive Iterative Learning Control for Trajectory Tracking of Permanent-Magnet Spherical Actuator," in IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 63, no. 1, pp. 291-301, Jan. 2016.
- 2018 - none
- 2019 - Ephrem Chemali, Phillip J. Kollmeyer, Matthias Preindl, Ryan Ahmed, and Ali Emadi, "Long Short-Term Memory Networks for Accurate State-of-Charge Estimation of Li-ion Batteries," vol. 65, no. 8, August 2018, pp. 6730-6739.
- 2019 - Felipe Donoso, Andres Mora, Roberto Cardenas, Alejandro Angulo, Doris Saez, and Marco Rivera, "Finite-Set Model Predictive Control Strategies for a 3L-NPC Inverter Operating with Fixed Switching Frequency," vol. 65, no. 5, May 2018, pp. 3954-3965.
- 2019 - Xiaoyong Zhu, Zixuan Xiang, Li Quan, Wenye Wu, and Yi Du, "Multi-Mode Optimization Design Methodology for a Flux-Controllable Stator Permanent Magnet Motor Considering Driving Cycles," vol. 65, no. 7, July 2018, pp. 5353-5366.
- 2020 -Chen Li, Tao Yang, Ponggorn Kulsangcharoen, Giovanni Lo Calzo, Serhiy Bozhko, Christopher Gerda, Patrick Wheeler, “A Modified Neutral Point Balancing Space Vector Modulation for Three-Level Neutral Point Clamped Converters in High-Speed Drives,’ vol. 66, no. 2, February 2019, pp. 910-921.
- 2020 - Liang Guo, Yaguo Lei, Saibo Xing, Tao Yan, Naipeng Li, “Deep Convolutional Transfer Learning Network: A New Method for Intelligent Fault Diagnosis of Machines with Unlabeled Data,” vol. 66, no. 9, September 2019, pp. 7316-7325.
- 2020 - Zhe Zhang, Hongliang Pang, Apostolos Georgiadis, Carlo Cecati, “Wireless Power Transfer - An Overview,” vol. 66, no. 2, February 2019, pp. 1044-1058.
- 2021 - Cong Xiong, Haiping Xu, Tao Guan, Peng Zhou, "A Constant Switching Frequency Multiple-Vector-Based Model Predictive Current Control of Five-Phase PMSM With Nonsinusoidal Back EMF," in IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 67, no. 3, pp. 1695-1707, March 2020, doi: 10.1109/TIE.2019.2907502.
- 2021 - Jose O. Gonzalez, Ruizhu Wu, Saeed Jahdi, Olayiwola Alatise, "Performance and Reliability Review of 650 V and 900 V Silicon and SiC Devices: MOSFETs, Cascode JFETs and IGBTs," in IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 67, no. 9, pp. 7375-7385, Sept. 2020, doi: 10.1109/TIE.2019.2945299.
- 2021 - He Chen, Ning Sun, "Nonlinear Control of Underactuated Systems Subject to Both Actuated and Unactuated State Constraints With Experimental Verification," in IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 67, no. 9, pp. 7702-7714, Sept. 2020, doi: 10.1109/TIE.2019.2945299.
- 2022 - B. Chikondra, U. R. Muduli and R. K. Behera, "An Improved Open-Phase Fault-Tolerant DTC Technique for Five-Phase Induction Motor Drive Based on Virtual Vectors Assessment," in IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 68, no. 6, pp. 4598-4609, June 2021, doi: 10.1109/TIE.2020.2992018.
- 2022 - K. Liu, Y. Shang, Q. Ouyang and W. D. Widanage, "A Data-Driven Approach With Uncertainty Quantification for Predicting Future Capacities and Remaining Useful Life of Lithium-ion Battery," in IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 68, no. 4, pp. 3170-3180, April 2021, doi: 10.1109/TIE.2020.2973876.
- 2022 - X. Li, F. Shen, S. Yu and Z. Xue, "Flux-Regulation Principle and Performance Analysis of a Novel Axial Partitioned Stator Hybrid-Excitation Flux-Switching Machine Using Parallel Magnetic Circuit," in IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 68, no. 8, pp. 6560-6573, Aug. 2021, doi: 10.1109/TIE.2020.3001807.
- 2023 - Z. Liu, W. Lin, X. Yu, J. J. Rodríguez-Andina and H. Gao, "Approximation-Free Robust Synchronization Control for Dual-Linear-Motors-Driven Systems With Uncertainties and Disturbances," in IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 69, no. 10, pp. 10500-10509, Oct. 2022, doi: 10.1109/TIE.2021.3137619.