Support to Student Branch Chapters Local Activities
The purpose of the IES-SBCLA program is to support technical activities of an IEEE IES Student Branch Chapter with a grant up to USD 1,000 (depending on the activity size).
Student Branch Chapters interested in applying must submit the form below. Note that support will be given only for events that have one or more of the following objectives:
- Member retention and satisfaction
- Providing technical and professional services to local members interested in the fields of interest of the Society
- Contributing to position IES as the professional home of those working in any of the technologies covered by the Society
- Bringing IES closer to students and Young Professionals
- Increasing diversity and inclusion in all activities
- Community service or training
It is required that the event includes increasing SBC membership by recruiting new student members. Cooperation with other IES groups (WIE, Chapters, Technical Committees, Publications, etc.) is greatly encouraged.
- SBCLA maximum grant maximum is USD 1000 per SBC, always subject to actual expenses and to the total budget limit.
- Each SBC can only apply once per year.
IES grant funds must be deposited or transferred to a Chapter via the bank account of the IEEE Section that the Student Branch Chapter belongs to. Funds cannot be transferred to other personal, business, or professional accounts.
Student Branch Chapters
Student Branches (SB) provide IEEE Student members the opportunity to meet and learn from fellow students, as well as faculty members and professionals in the field. An active IEEE Student Branch can be one of the most positive elements in a department or University, offering programs in the IEEE designated fields of Engineering, Computer Science and Information Technology, as well as similarly related fields.
An IES SB Chapter at your Student Branch (SBC) is your local link to the valuable resources available from the IEEE and the Industrial Electronics Society.
It is a novel idea to share experience and support student’s projects and activities. The SBC is created by Students and YPs for Students and YPs, depending on number of new SB Technical Chapters and real activity of existing chapters will allow to increase the support. The SBCs are supported by the Society, which offers the knowledge and funds for an interesting Young Professionals & Student project.
Moreover, the SBC is able to receive Best Student Branch Chapter Award for its activities and other kinds of support.