The Industrial Electronics Society through its members encompasses a diverse range of technical activities devoted to the application of electronics and electrical sciences for the enhancement of industrial and manufacturing processes. These technical activities address the latest developments in intelligent and computer control systems, robotics, factory communications and automation, flexible manufacturing, data acquisition and signal processing, vision systems, and power electronics. The Society continually updates its program of technical activities to meet the needs of modern industry.
Field of Interest
IES Constitution, Article I, Section 4. The Field of Interest of the IES shall be confined to the theory and applications of electronics, controls, communications, instrumentation and computational intelligence to industrial and manufacturing systems and processes.
IES Constitution, Article I, Section 5. The Field of Interest of the IES may be enlarged, reduced or shifted moderately as the need of the occasion indicate with the provision that such revisions shall be processed as an amendment to this Constitution and shall be in accordance with the procedures defined in the TAB Operations Manual.
Linked below is the preliminary ballot for elections of:
a. IES officers 2017-2018 (two-year terms)
b. IES AdCom members-at-large 2017-2019 (three-year terms)
All candidates are recommended by the IES Nominations & Appointments (N&A) Committee, and are listed alphabetically by family name.
The final ballot on October 28 will additionally include:
1. Petition candidates, whose names are not on this preliminary ballot
2. N&A committee recommendations for Senior AdCom member
3. N&A committee recommendations for Life AdCom member
Petition candidate must collect signatures from at least 15 voting members of IES AdCom (22% of voting members). Completed petitions must be delivered before August 15 to:
200 Broun Hall
Auburn University, AL 36849-5201
Voting will occur on October 28, during the second IES AdCom meeting, Firenze (Florence), Italy.
The IES Nominations & Appointments Committee (N&A) is seeking recommendations for the following 2017-2018 IES officers:
- VP for Workshop Activities
- VP for Publication
- VP for Membership Activities
In addition, recommendations are sought for seven (7) AdCom members-at-large, who will have three-year terms, 2017-2019.
In accordance with IES Bylaws, recommendations should be submitted by current voting AdCom members. Nominators must first confirm two items:
- The recommended nominee is willing to serve, if elected.
- The recommended nominee is an IES member.
- Name of nominee and their contact information
- Name of nominator, and contact information
- A brief statement of support. For example, give reasons why the nominee is being recommended. This statement should be written by the nominator.
Please email recommendations to the IES N&A chair, John Hung (email@example.com), before June 1st, 2016.
AdCom Meetings in 2016
- Officers' Meeting 2016: Feb. 8 & 9, In conjunction with TAB meetings in San Diego California.
- AdCom1 2016: In conjunction with ISIE 2016, Santa Clara, USA (June 11, 2016)
- AdCom2 2016: In conjunction with IECON 2016, Florence, Italy (October 28, 2016)
AdCom Meetings in 2017
- Officers' Meeting 2017: TBD.
- AdCom1 2017: In conjunction with ICIT 2017, Toronto, Canada (dates TBD)
- AdCom2 2017: In conjunction with IECON 2017, Beijing, China (dates TBD)
Join the AdCom Meeting Calendar