The Industrial Electronics Society through its members encompasses a diverse range of technical activities devoted to the application of electronics and electrical sciences for the enhancement of industrial and manufacturing processes. These technical activities address the latest developments in intelligent and computer control systems, robotics, factory communications and automation, flexible manufacturing, data acquisition and signal processing, vision systems, and power electronics. The Society continually updates its program of technical activities to meet the needs of modern industry.
The IES Nominations & Appointments Committee (N&A) is seeking recommendations for the following 2017-2018 IES officers:
- VP for Workshop Activities
- VP for Publication
- VP for Membership Activities
In addition, recommendations are sought for seven (7) AdCom members-at-large, who will have three-year terms, 2017-2019.
In accordance with IES Bylaws, recommendations should be submitted by current voting AdCom members. Nominators must first confirm two items:
- The recommended nominee is willing to serve, if elected.
- The recommended nominee is an IES member.
- Name of nominee and their contact information
- Name of nominator, and contact information
- A brief statement of support. For example, give reasons why the nominee is being recommended. This statement should be written by the nominator.
Please email recommendations to the IES N&A chair, John Hung (firstname.lastname@example.org), before June 1st, 2016.
AdCom Meetings in 2016
- Officers' Meeting 2016: Feb. 8 & 9, In conjunction with TAB meetings in San Diego California.
- AdCom1 2016: In conjunction with ISIE 2016, Santa Clara, USA (June 11, 2016)
- AdCom2 2016: In conjunction with IECON 2016, Florence, Italy (October 28, 2016)
Join the AdCom Meeting Calendar