The Industrial Electronics Society through its members encompasses a diverse range of technical activities devoted to the application of electronics and electrical sciences for the enhancement of industrial and manufacturing processes. These technical activities address the latest developments in intelligent and computer control systems, robotics, factory communications and automation, flexible manufacturing, data acquisition and signal processing, vision systems, and power electronics. The Society continually updates its program of technical activities to meet the needs of modern industry. More...
IES launches IE Technology News
ITeN is the new, online publication of the Industrial Electronics Society. It will focus on practitioners perspective, showcasing some of the
most important advances presented in IES conferences and publications
Enter ITeN here
IES Publications earned high impact factor
The Industrial Electronics Society publications earned impressive impact factor indices:
Transactions on Industrial Electronics: 5.16
Industrial Electronics Magazine: 5.00
Transactions on Industrial Informatics: 3.00
Stay with the IEEE Industrial Electronics Society
The IEEE Industrial Electronics Society membership is a valuable tool in your career that allows you to network with colleagues.
All members of IES in 2013 will receive a print subscription to the IEEE Industrial Electronics Magazine, and in addition:
- Online access to IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics
- Online access to IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics
- Discounted fees for all IES-sponsored conferences
- Conference travel grants for student members
- Opportunities to participate in 18 Technical Committees
- Access to a vast professional network of 52 chapters and members in 106 countries.
Stay with IES for 2013 and beyond. If you have already renewed your membership for 2012, thank you. If you're not a member yet, please join at http://www.ieee.org/join
or click here
to renew now...
The IEEE policy regarding posting papers on personal web sites
The IEEE has a new policy regarding posting of papers on personal web sites. You can read more about it here http://www.ieee.org/documents/authorversionfaq.pdf.
IES Presence Expands to Social Networks
We are now on LinkedIn and Facebook and are planning to create our presence on Twitter. If you have an account there please join IES group. We are also sending invitations to our members starting with active volunteers but soon will include all members.
IES Sister Societies
Find more details regarding IES Sister Societies here.
The last AdCom meeting was held in May 31-June2, 2012 in conjunction with ISIE 2012 in in Hangzhou, China.
The next meetings are scheduled for:
- Officers' Meeting 2013: Feb. 24, in conjunction with ICIT 2013, Cape Town, South Africa
- AdCom1 2013: June 2, in conjunction with ISIE 2013, Taipei, Taiwan (preparatory meetings on June 1, TC in the afternoons of the days of the conference).
- AdCom2 2013: November 13-15, in conjunction with IECON 2013, Vienna, Austria (Friday 15 Nov - Adcom; the two preceeding days for preparatory meetings).
Significant Changes to Constitution and Bylaws
Significant changes to the IES constitution and our Bylaws are required by IEEE. Please watch carefully for changes to be posted on the Web site. Synopsis: quorum redefined, only two meetings per year, too many voting people miss meetings and that may get us into trouble with the new definition of quorum, harsh immediate consequences of missing two meetings in a row by a voting AdCom member and suspension of voting privileges for absent senior and life AdCom members.
Read about news that was posted earlier on this page here...