The Industrial Electronics Society through its members encompasses a diverse range of technical activities devoted to the application of electronics and electrical sciences for the enhancement of industrial and manufacturing processes. These technical activities address the latest developments in intelligent and computer control systems, robotics, factory communications and automation, flexible manufacturing, data acquisition and signal processing, vision systems, and power electronics. The Society continually updates its program of technical activities to meet the needs of modern industry. _
Field of Interest
IES Constitution, Article I, Section 4. The Field of Interest of the IES shall be confined to the theory and applications of electronics, controls, communications, instrumentation and computational intelligence to industrial and manufacturing systems and processes.
IES Constitution, Article I, Section 5. The Field of Interest of the IES may be enlarged, reduced or shifted moderately as the need of the occasion indicate with the provision that such revisions shall be processed as an amendment to this Constitution and shall be in accordance with the procedures defined in the TAB Operations Manual.
IES Nomination and appointment committee is announcing the following important dates for 2019 IES elections to fill all vacant positions.
- Nominations open till May 30th 2019, for the 4 open positions of IES Elected AdCom Members at Large (EAM@L)
- Nominations open till June 20th 2019, for the 3 open positions of IES Appointed AdCom Members at Large (AAM@L)
- Nominations open till June 20th 2019, for the 5 open positions of IES officers
Click on the Elections menu to download the appropriate nomination file and submit your nomination file to the Nomination and appointment committee
Call for Nominations for EiC for TIE and TII
IES is loking for nominations for EiC for TIE and TII. More information can be found here.
IES has IEEE.tv Channel
IES is happy to announce its new channel: https://ieeetv.ieee.org/channels/ies
Check out the event showcase from a record breaking edition of IECON 2018, our flagship conference held in last October in Washington, USA: https://ieeetv.ieee.org/event-showcase/iecon-2018-showcase
Under35 - New Initiative
This year, we are starting a new program to motivate innovators under 35 to engage in IES. Please look for details with the “Under 35” tab.
AdCom Meetings in 2019
- Officers meeting: February 16-17, 2019, in conjunction with IEEE TAB meetings, Tampa, Florida
- AdCom 1: June 15, 2019, in conjunction with ISIE 2019, Vancouver, Canada (pre-meetings June 14)
- AdCom 2: October 18, 2019, in conjunction with IECON 2019, Lisbon, Portugal (pre-meetings Oct. 17)
Join the AdCom Meeting Calendar