Best Paper Award for the IEEE Industrial Electronics Magazine
Established: in 2007
Description: To recognize the best paper published in the IEEE Industrial Electronics Magazine.
Administration: Administered by the IES Awards and Honor Committee.
Eligibility: Author(s) of papers published in the Magazine during the year specified for the award.
Prize: $2,000 and Certificate(s). Multiple authors will divide the prize.
Funding: Funded by IEEE Industrial Electronics Society.
Award Committee: Editorial board of the IE Magazine serves as the Award Committee, chaired by the IE Magazine’s Editor-in-Chief.
Nominee Solicitation: The IES A&H Committee calls for nominations from Chairs/Co-Chairs and/or Technical Program Chairs of the society's major conferences.
Basis for Judging: For the tutorial service provided to IES membership, industrial interest, reference value and capability of expressing theoretical content in layman language terms with effective illustrations, tables and graphs.
Presentation: At the Society's major international conference.
- 2008 - Ramu Krishnan, An Energy-Efficiency-Enhanced Switched Reluctance Motor, IE Magazine, vol. 1, no. 1, Spring 2007, pp 4-6.
- 2009 - Leopoldo G. Franquelo, Jose Rodriguez, Jose I. Leon, Samir Kouro, Ramon Portillo, and Maria A. M. Prats, The Age of Multilevel Converters Arrives,IEEE Industrial Electronics Magazine, Vol. 2, No. 2, June 2008, pp 28-39.
- 2010 - Bogdan Maciej Wilamowski, Citation: For the paper titled, “Neural Network Architectures and Learning Algorithms", IEEE Industrial Electronics Magazine, pp.56-63, Vol.3, No.4, Dec. 2009.
- 2011 - M. Liserre, T. Sauter, J.Y. Hung, Citation: For the paper titled, “ Future energy systems. Integrating renewable energy sources into the smart power grid through industrial electronics", IEEE Industrial Electronics Magazine,
- pp. 18-37, vol. 4, no 1, 2010.
- 2012 - Xinghuo Yu, Carlo Cecati, Tharam Dillon, and Marcelo G. Simões, Citation: For the paper, “The New Frontier of Smart Grids,” IEEE Industrial Electronics Magazine, vol.5, no.3, pp.49-63, 2011.
- 2013 - (1) Marian P. Kazmierkowski, Artur J. Moradewicz, Citation: for the paper, "Unplugged But Connected: Review of Contactless Energy Transfer Systems,” IEEE Industrial Electronics Magazine, vol.6, no.4, pp.47-55, December 2012.
- 2013 - (2) Xavier Roboam, Bruno Sareni, André De Andrade, Citation: for the paper, "More Electricity in the Air: Toward Optimized Electrical Networks Embedded in More-Electrical Aircraft,” IEEE Industrial Electronics Magazine, vol.6, no.4, pp.6-17, December 2012.
- 2014 - Habiballah Rahimi-Eichi, Unnati Ojha, Federico Baronti, Mo-Yuen Chow, Citation: For the paper,” Battery Management System: An Overview of Its Application in the Smart Grid and Electric Vehicles," IEEE Industrial Electronics Magazine, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 4-16, June 2013.
- 2015 - (1) Sergio Vazquez, Jose I. Leon, Leopoldo G. Franquelo, Jose Rodriguez, Hector A. Young, Abraham Marquez, Pericle Zanchetta, Citation: For the paper, ”Model Predictive Control: A Review of Its Applications in Power Electronics," IEEE Industrial Electronics Magazine, Vol.8, No.1, pp.16-31, March 2014.
- 2015 - (2) Christoph Neeb, Lars Boettcher, Marcus Conrad, Rik W. de Doncker, Citation: For the paper, ”Innovative and Reliable Power Modules: A Future Trend and Evolution of Technologies," IEEE Industrial Electronics Magazine, Vol.8, No.3, pp.6-16, September 2014.
- 2016 - Vitor C. Bender, Tiago B. Marchesan, J. Marcos Alonso, Citation: For the paper,” Solid-State Lighting: A Concise Review of the State of the Art on LED and OLED Modeling," IEEE Industrial Electronics Magazine, vol. 9, no. 2, pp.6-16, June 2015.
- 2017 - M. Manic, K. Amarasinghe, J. J. Rodriguez-Andina and C. Rieger, "Intelligent Buildings of the Future: Cyberaware, Deep Learning Powered, and Human Interacting," in IEEE Industrial Electronics Magazine, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 32-49, December 2016.
- 2018 - none
- 2019 - Bo Cheng, Jingyi Zhang, Gerhard P. Hancke, Stamatis Karnouskos, and Armando Walter Colombo, "Industrial Cyberphysical Systems: Realizing Cloud-Based Big Data Infrastructures," vol. 12, no. 1, March 2018, pp. 25-35.