IES TIE Best Paper Award
Established: in 1997 as Transactions Paper Award
Description: To recognize the best paper published in the IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics.
Administration: Administered by The Industrial Electronics Society Awards and Honor Committee (IES A&H Committee).
Eligibility: Author(s) of papers published in the Transactions during the year specified for the award.
Prize: $2,000 and Certificate(s). Multiple authors will divide the prize.
Funding: Funded by IEEE Industrial Electronics Society.
Nominee Solicitation: The IES A&H Committee asks for nominations from The Editor-in-Chief of the IES Transactions on Industrial Electronics.
Basis for Judging: The prize paper will be selected by the IE Transactions Editorial Board on the basis of the value of the contribution, subject matter, originality, and composition.
Presentation: At the Society's major international conference.
- 2017 - L. Zhang, W. Chen, J. Liu and C. Wen, "A Robust Adaptive Iterative Learning Control for Trajectory Tracking of Permanent-Magnet Spherical Actuator," in IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 63, no. 1, pp. 291-301, Jan. 2016.
- 2016 - Giuseppe Buja, Manuele Bertoluzzo, Ritesh K. Keshri, Citation: For the paper, “Torque Ripple-Free Operation of PM BLDC Drives with Petal-Wave Current Supply,” IEEE Trans. on Industrial Electronics, vol.62, no.7, pp.4034-4043, 2015.
- 2015 - Shen Yin, Hao Luo, Steven X. Ding, Citation: For the paper, “Real-Time Implementation of Fault-Tolerant Control Systems with Performance Optimization,” IEEE Trans. on Industrial Electronics, Vol.61, No.5, pp.2402-2411, May 2014.
- 2014 - Kanghyun Nam, Sehoon Oh, Hiroshi Fujimoto, Yoichi Hori, Citation: For the paper, “Estimation of Sideslip and Roll Angles of Electric Vehicles Using Lateral Tire Force Sensors Through RLS and Kalman Filter Approaches,” IEEE Trans. on Industrial Electronics, vol.60, No.3, pp.988-1000, March 2013.
- 2013 - Francisco Gonzalez-Espin, Emilio Figueres Amoros, Gabriel Garcera, Citation: for the paper, “An Adaptive Synchronous Reference Frame Phase Locked Loop for Power Quality Improvement in A Polluted Utility Grid,”. IEEE Trans. On Industrial Electronics, vol.59, no.6, pp.2718-2731, June 2012.
- 2012 - Jose Ignacio Leon, Samir Kouro, Sergio Vazquez, Ramon Portillo, Leopoldo Garcia Franquelo, Juan Manuel Carrasco, Jose Rodriguez, Citation: For the paper, “Multidimensional Modulation Technique for Cascaded Multilevel Converters,” IEEE Trans. On Industrial Electronics, vol.58, No.2, pp.412-420, Feb. 2011.
- 2011 - (1) Y-H Kim, Y.C. Choi, M-W. Seo, H-J Yoo, Citation: “A CMOS Transceiver for a Multistandard 13.56 MHz RFID Reader Soc,” Trans. IE, vol.57, No.5, pp.1563-1572, 2010.
- 2011 - (2) M. Steurer, C.S. Edrington, M. Sloderbeck, R. Wei, J. Langston, Citation: “A Megawatt-Scale Power Hardware-in-the-Loop Simulation Setup for Motor Drives”, Trans. IE, vol. 57, no. 4, pp.1254-1260, 2010.
- 2010 - Federico Barrero, Manuel R.Arahal, Raul Gregor, Sergio Toral, Mario J. Duran, Citation: For the paper titled, “A Proof of Concept Study of Predictive Current Control for VSI-driven Asymmetrical Dual Three-phase AC Machines", IEEE Trans. Industrial Electronics, Vol.56, No.6, 2009.
- 2009 - E. Levi, Multiphase Electric Machines for Variable-Speed Applications,IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 55, No.5, May 2008, pp 1893-1909.
- 2008 - J. Rodriiquez, J. Pontt, C. Silva, P. Correa, P. Lezana, P. Cortes, U. Ammann, Predictive Current control of a Voltage Source Inverter, TIE, v.54, no. 1, pp 495-503, Feb. 2007.
- 2007 - Joachim Holtz, Sensorless control of Induction Machines - with or without Signal Injection, TIE, v. 53, n.1, pp 7-30, lFeb 2006.
- 2006 -
- 2005 - R. Cardenas, R. Pena, G. M. Asher, J. Clare and R. Blasco-Gimenez, "Control strategies for power smoothing using a flywheel driven by a sensorless vector-controlled induction machine operating in a wide speed range,", IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 51, no. 3, pp. 603-614, June 2004.
- 2004 -
- 2003 - Ashwin M. Khambadkone & Joachim Holtz, “Compensated Synchronous PI Controller in Overmodulation Range and Six-Step Operation of Space-Vector-Modulation-Based Vector-Controlled Drives,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 49, no. 3, June 2002, pp. 574-580.
- 2002 - Lennart Harnefors, Hiroshi Fujimoto, Yoichi Hori, Atsuo Kawamura
- 2001 - Atsuo Kawamura, Junji Hirai, Tae Woong Kim
- 2000 - Shigenobu Shinohara
- 1999 - Hwan Jung Kwanghee Nam, Taiju Suzuki
- 1998 - Jong Up Jeon, Toshiro Higuchi