IES Best Conference Paper Award
Established: in 2005
Description: To recognize the best paper in the Industrial Electronics Society's major conference proceedings.
Administration: Administered by The Industrial Electronics Society Awards and Honors Committee (IES A&H Committee).
Eligibility: Author(s) of papers in the Industrial Electronics Society's major conference proceedings during the year specified for the award. Must be a member of the IEEE.
Prize: Certificate, US$2,000 and certificate, and travel expense reimbursement for the award ceremony (limited to $3,000). In the case of multiple authors, the prize is to be divided among the awardees.
Funding: Funded by IEEE Industrial Electronics Society.
Basis for Judging: The Best Conference Paper will be selected based upon its originality and its contribution to the field of industrial electronics. The award is given only when suitable candidates are identified: it is not necessarily awarded yearly.
Nominee Solicitation: The IES A&H Committee and IES VP Conferences request nominations from General Chairs/Co-Chairs and/or Technical Program Chairs of the Society’s major conferences.
Presentation: At the Society's annual conference.
To nominate someone, please use the following documents.
- 2008 - None nominated from 2008 papers.
- 2009 - None nominated from 2007 papers.
- 2010 - Giovanni Gamba, Federico Tramarin, Andreas Willig, Citation: For the paper titled, "Retransmission strategies for cyclic polling over wireless channels in the presence of interference," 2009 IEEE Conference on Emerging Technologies & Factory Automation, 2009, pp. 1-8, doi: 10.1109/ETFA.2009.5347042.
- 2011 - None nominated from 2010 papers.
- 2012 - Eiichi Saito, Seiichiro Katsura, Citation: For the paper, "Vibration suppression of resonant system by using wave compensator," IECON 2011 - 37th Annual Conference of the IEEE Industrial Electronics Society, 2011, pp. 4250-4255, doi: 10.1109/IECON.2011.6120006.
- 2013 - Keita Shimamoto, Kouhei Ohnishi, Citation: for the paper, "Motion control for 2-DOF tendon-driven spherical joint mechanisms," IECON 2012 - 38th Annual Conference on IEEE Industrial Electronics Society, 2012, pp. 2731-2736, doi: 10.1109/IECON.2012.6389145.
- 2014 - Thiago Batista Soeiro, Márcio Silveira Ortmann, Marcelo Lobo Heldwein, Citation: For the paper, "Three-phase five-level bidirectional buck- + boost type PFC converter for DC distribution systems," 2013 IEEE International Conference on Industrial Technology (ICIT), 2013, pp. 928-933, doi: 10.1109/ICIT.2013.6505795.
- 2015 - None nominated from 2014 papers.
- 2016 - Istvan Kiss, Bela Genge, Piroska Haller, Citation: For the paper, "A clustering-based approach to detect cyber attacks in process control systems," 2015 IEEE 13th International Conference on Industrial Informatics (INDIN), 2015, pp. 142-148, doi: 10.1109/INDIN.2015.7281725.
- 2017 - Qiuhong Liu; Weiming Fu; Jiahu Qin; Wei Xing Zheng; Huijun Gao, "Distributed k-means algorithm for sensor networks based on multi-agent consensus theory," 2016 IEEE International Conference on Industrial Technology (ICIT), 2016, pp. 2114-2119, doi: 10.1109/ICIT.2016.7475096.
- 2018 - Dmitri Vinnikov, Andrii Chub, and Elizaveta Liivik, "Multiphase galvanically isolated impedance-source DC-DC converter for residential renewable energy applications," 2017 IEEE 26th International Symposium on Industrial Electronics (ISIE), 2017, pp. 1775-1780, doi: 10.1109/ISIE.2017.8001517.
- 2019 - James Langston, Andrew Rockhill, Karl Schoder, Michael Sloderbeck, and Michael Steurer, "Testing Operation and Coordination of DC Solid State Circuit Breakers," IECON 2018 - 44th Annual Conference of the IEEE Industrial Electronics Society, 2018, pp. 3445-3452, doi: 10.1109/IECON.2018.8591440.
- 2020 - Naoki Motoi, Ryo Masaki, Masato Kobayashi, "Remote Control Method with Force Assist Based on Collision Prediction Calculated from Each Turning Radius in Mobile Robot," 2019 IEEE International Conference on Mechatronics (ICM), 2019, pp. 477-482, doi: 10.1109/ICMECH.2019.8722932.
- 2021 - Sergio Toledo, Magno Ayala, Edgar Maqueda, Marco Rivera, Tomislav Dragicevic, Pat Wheeler, Raul Gregor, Alfredo Renault, "Active and Reactive Power Control based on Predictive Voltage Control in a Six-Phase Generation System using Modular Matrix Converters," 2020 IEEE International Conference on Industrial Technology (ICIT), 2020, pp. 1059-1065, doi: 10.1109/ICIT45562.2020.9067285.
- 2022 - S. Sakaino, "Bilateral Control-Based Imitation Learning for Velocity-Controlled Robot," 2021 IEEE 30th International Symposium on Industrial Electronics (ISIE), 2021, pp. 1-6, doi: 10.1109/ISIE45552.2021.9576326.
- 2023 - J. Creux, N. H. Obeid, T. Boileau and F. Meibody-Tabar, "Local Demagnetization Fault Detection in PMASynRM based on Finite Element Modeling and Characterisation," IECON 2022 – 48th Annual Conference of the IEEE Industrial Electronics Society, Brussels, Belgium, 2022, pp. 1-6,doi: 10.1109/IECON49645.2022.9968829.