Anthony J. Hornfeck Service Award
Established: First presented as the Meritorious Award in 1979
Description: To recognize outstanding, meritorious services to the IEEE Industrial Electronics Society.
Administration: Administered by the Industrial Electronics Society Awards and Honor Committee (IES A&H Committee).
Eligibility: IES members
Prize: US$4,000 and Certificate
Funding: Funded by IEEE Industrial Electronics Society.
Basis for Judging: For exceptional service to the Industrial Electronics Society. The award is not necessarily given yearly, only when a suitable candidate can be identified.
Nominee Solicitation: The IES A&H Committee calls for nominations through the society's printed and electronic newsletter.
Presentation of Award: At the Society's major international conference.
To nominate someone, please use the following documents.
- 1979 - Dr. Sotirios Vahaviolos
- 1980 - None
- 1981 - Dr. Paul M. Russo
- 1982 - None
- 1983 - Dr. Harry W. Mergler
- 1984 - Dr. Fumio Harishima
- 1985 - Dr. J. David Irwin
- 1986 - Dr. Patrick P. Fasang (presented at IECON'87)
- 1987 - None
- 1988 - Robert J. Roman (presented at IECON'88)
- 1989 - Dr. Charles W. Einolf, Jr. (presented at IECON'89)
- 1990 - Dr. Fernando Aldana (presented at IECON'90)
- 1991 - Dr. Takamasa Hori
- 1992 - Dr. Alfred C. Weaver (presented at IECON'92)
- 1993 - Mr. Robert Begun (presented at IECON'93)
- 1994 - Dr. Hubert Y. K. Wo (presented at IECON'94)
- 1995 - Dr. James C. Hung (presented at IECON'95)
- 1996 - Dr. Richard Zurawski (presented at IECON'96)
- 1997 - Dr. Hiromasa Haneda (presented at IECON'97)
- 1998 - Mr. Robert J. Roman
- 1999 - None
- 2000 - Dr. Rokuya Ishii
- 2001 - None
- 2002 - None
- 2003 - Dr. Aleksander Malinowski (presented at IECON'03)
- 2004 - Dr. Ren C. Luo (presented at IECON'04)
- 2005 - Dr. Okyay Kaynak (presented at IECON'05)
- 2006 - Dr. Bogdan M. Wilamowski (presented at IECON'06)
- 2007 - Dr. Joachim Holtz (presented at IECON'07)
- 2008 - Dr. Marian Kazmierkowski (presented at IECON '08)
- 2009 - Dr. C. J. Allen Chen (presented at IECON '09)
- 2010 - Dr. Ramu Krishnan (presented at IECON '10)
- 2011 - Dr. Marco Liserre (presented at IECON '12)
- 2012 - Dr. Kamal Al Haddad (presented at IECON '12)
- 2013 - Dr. Mo-Yuen Chow (presented at IECON '13)
- 2014 - None
- 2015 - Dr. Leopoldo García Franquelo (presented at IECON2015)
- 2016 - Dr. Luis Gomes (presented at IECON2016)
- 2017 - Dr. Carlo Cecati (presented at ISIE2016)
- 2018 - None
- 2019 - Milos Manic, Citation: For outstanding and sustainable service to IES organization and to IES members
- 2020 - Mariusz Malinowski, Citation: For outstanding and meritorious services to the IEEE Industrial Electronics Society
- 2020 - Juan José Rodriguez-Andina, Citation: For diligent work and significant contributions to IES conferences as VP Conference Activities and to IES Publications as IEM EiC
- 2021 - Roberto Oboe. Citation: Outstanding service to IES and improvement of the society operations
- 2022 - Victor K. L. Huang. Citation: For dedicated services of over 45 years with exceptional contributions to standardization promotion, dissemination, and industrial and new initiatives creation activities