IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics
Scope: IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics focuses on knowledge-based factory automation as a means to enhance industrial fabrication and manufacturing processes. This embraces a collection of techniques that use information analysis, manipulation, and distribution to achieve higher efficiency, effectiveness, reliability, and/or security within the industrial environment. The scope of the Transaction includes reporting, defining, providing a forum for discourse, and informing its readers about the latest developments in intelligent and computer control systems, robotics, factory communications and automation, flexible manufacturing, vision systems, and data acquisition and signal processing.
Authors must submit their manuscript electronically on the web to http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/tii.
Manuscripts are divided into 11 subject categories: "Bioengineering", "Communication, Networking & Broadcasting", "Components, Circuits, Devices & Systems", "Computing & Processing", "Engineered Materials, Dielectrics & Plasmas", "Fields, Waves & Electromagnetics", "Geoscience", "Power, Energy, & Industry Applications", "Robotics & Control Systems", "Signal Processing & Analysis", "Transportation"
TII Associate Editors are listed here Jan. 2019 updated
Previous Past Editors-in-Chief are listed here
Past Co-Editors-in-Chief are listed here
Resources and guidelines
- For detailed instructions of ScholarOne Manuscripts (formerly ManuscriptCentral) go here
- Information for Authors
- TII Best Paper Awards
- ORCID is required for all authors May. 2016 updated
- IES Periodicals Editorial Policy and Guidelines Mar. 2016 updated
- Excerpt from IEEE publication policy (All IEEE IPR guidelines)
- Multiple Submission Guidelines (Excerpt from IEEE PSPB Operations Manual)
- General information for authors
- IEEE PDF Checker (mandated to be used by authors)
- Information for Special Sections
Calls for Papers for opened Special Sections
Calls for Papers for closed Special Sections
- Digital Holography for Industrial Applications (Deadline:
Nov. 30, Dec 31, 2018)
- Multi-Megahertz Wireless Power Transfer: Design, Optimization, and Control (Deadline:
Oct. 31, Dec. 30, 2018)
- Emerging Trends Issues and Challenges in Edge Artificial Intelligence (Deadline: Nov. 30, 2018)
- 5G Tactile Internet: An Application for Industrial Automation (Deadline:
Sep. 30, Nov. 30, 2018)
- New Trends in Residential Energy Management (Deadline: Sep. 30, 2018)
- Blockchain for Industrial Internet of Things (Deadline:
Ago. 30, Oct. 31, 2018)
- Developments in Artificial Intelligence for Industrial Informatics (Deadline:
May. 31, Jul. 31, 2018)
- Big Data Analytics in Healthcare (Deadline:
May. 31, Jun. 15, 2018)
- Crowdsensing Big Data: Sensing, Processing and Understanding (Deadline: Jun. 15, 2018)
- Big Data Analytics in Intelligent Manufacturing (Deadline:
Apr. 30, May. 31, 2018)
- Resilience in Energy Industries – Recent Advances, Open Challenges, and Future Directions (Deadline: Apr. 30, 2018)
- Emerging Information Sharing and Design Technologies on Robotics and Mechatronics Systems for Intelligent Manufacturing (Deadline: Feb. 28, 2018)
- Bio-inspired Embodiment for Intelligent Sensing and Dexterity in Fine Manipulations (Deadline:
Dec. 30, 2017, Feb. 28, 2018)
- Advanced Machine Learning for the Big Data of Industrial IoT in Cloud Computing (Deadline:
Dec. 10, 2017, Feb. 20, 2018)
- Energy Internet (Deadline:
Dec. 10, 2017, Feb. 20, 2018)
- Embedded and Networked Systems for Intelligent Vehicles and Robots (Deadline:
Sep. 30, 2017, Jan. 31, 2018)
- Next Generation Intelligent Maritime Grids (Deadline:
Jun. 30, Aug. 31, 2017)
Recently published Special Sections
- Cloud Computing, Edge Computing, Internet of Things and Big Data Analytics Applications for Healthcare Industry 4.0 (published in: Issue 1, Jan. 2019)
- Robotics for 4th Industrial Revolution (published in: Issue 1, Jan. 2019)
- Thermographic analysis technique for monitoring and diagnosis in industrial machines and industrial facilities (published in: Issue 12, Dec. 2018)
- Industrial and Commercial Demand Response (published in: Issue 11, Nov. 2018)
- Advanced Mechatronics in Research and Industrial Applications (published in: Issue 11, Nov. 2018)
- Fog Computing for Industrial Applications (published in: Issue 10, Oct. 2018)
- Cyber-Physical Systems in Green Transportation (published in: Issue 9, Sep. 2018)
- Applied Cryptography, Security, and Trust Computing for Industrial Internet-of-Things (published in: Issue 8, Aug. 2018)
- Deep Learning Models for Industry Informatics (published in: Issue 7, Jul. 2018)
- 5G and Beyond Mobile Technologies and Applications for Industrial IoT (published in: Issue 6, Jun. 2018)
- Information Technology in Automation (published in: Issue 6, Jun. 2018)
- Industrial Communication Technologies and Systems (published in: Issue 5, May. 2018)
- From Industrial Wireless Sensor Networks to Industrial Internet-of-Things (published in: Issue 5, May. 2018)
- Energy Informatics for Green Cities (published in: Issue 4, Apr. 2018)
- Recent Trends and Developments in Industry 4.0 Motivated Robotic Solutions (published in: Issue 4, Apr. 2018)
- Nature inspired methods in Industry Applications (published in: Issue 3, Mar. 2018)
- Multisensor Fusion and Integration for Intelligent Systems (published in: Issue 3, Mar. 2018)
- Cloud Computing in Smart Grid Operation and Management (published in: Issue 3, Mar. 2018)
- Engineering Industrial Big Data Analytics Platforms for Internet of Things (published in: Issue 2, Feb. 2018)
- Smart Grid and Renewable Energy Resources: Information and Communication Technologies with Industry Perspective (published in: Issue 6, Dec. 2017)
- Semantic Technologies in Automation Systems (published in: Issue 6, Dec. 2017)
- Emerging Informatics for Risk Hedging and Decision Making in Smart Grids (published in: Issue 5, Oct. 2017)
- Systems of Power Converters: Design, Modeling, Control, and Implementation (published in: Issue 5, Oct. 2017)
- Recent Advances in Network Big Data Analysis (published in: Issue 4, Aug. 2017)
- Advanced Signal and Image Processing Techniques for Electric Machine and Drives Fault Diagnosis and Prognosis (published in Issue 3, Jun. 2017)
- New perspectives on Wireless Communications in Automation: From Industrial Monitoring and Control to Cyber-physical Systems (published in Issue 3, Jun. 2017)
- Smart Agents and Cyber-Physical Systems for Future Industrial Systems (published in Issue 2, Apr. 2017)
- Internet-of-the-Things for Smart Cities and Urban Informatics (published in Issue 2, Apr. 2017)
- Communications in Automation-Innovation Drivers and New Trends (published in Issue 2, Apr. 2017)
Published Special Sections are listed here
Read the TII on IEEE Xplore
- Early Access
- Current Issue
- 2019: Jan., Feb., Mar., Apr., May., Jun., Jul., Aug., Sep., Oct., Nov., Dec.
- 2018: Jan., Feb., Mar., Apr., May., Jun., Jul., Aug., Sep., Oct., Nov., Dec.
- 2017: Feb., Apr., Jun., Aug., Oct., Dec.
- 2016: Feb., Apr., Jun., Aug., Oct., Dec.
- 2015: Feb., Apr., Jun., Aug., Oct., Dec.
- 2014: Feb., May., Aug., Nov.
- 2013: Feb., May., Aug., Nov.
- 2012: Feb., May., Aug., Nov.