IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics
Scope: IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics focuses on knowledge-based factory automation as a means to enhance industrial fabrication and manufacturing processes. This embraces a collection of techniques that use information analysis, manipulation, and distribution to achieve higher efficiency, effectiveness, reliability, and/or security within the industrial environment. The scope of the Transaction includes reporting, defining, providing a forum for discourse, and informing its readers about the latest developments in intelligent and computer control systems, robotics, factory communications and automation, flexible manufacturing, vision systems, and data acquisition and signal processing.
Authors must submit their manuscript electronically on the web to http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/tii.
Manuscripts are divided into 11 subject categories: "Bioengineering", "Communication, Networking & Broadcasting", "Components, Circuits, Devices & Systems", "Computing & Processing", "Engineered Materials, Dielectrics & Plasmas", "Fields, Waves & Electromagnetics", "Geoscience", "Power, Energy, & Industry Applications", "Robotics & Control Systems", "Signal Processing & Analysis", "Transportation"
TII Associate Editors are listed here May. 2017 updated
Previous Past Editors-in-Chief are listed here
Past Co-Editors-in-Chief are listed here
Resources and guidelines
- For detailed instructions of ScholarOne Manuscripts (formerly ManuscriptCentral) go here
- Information for Authors
- TII Best Paper Awards
- ORCID is required for all authors May. 2016 updated
- IES Periodicals Editorial Policy and Guidelines Mar. 2016 updated
- Excerpt from IEEE publication policy (All IEEE IPR guidelines)
- Multiple Submission Guidelines (Excerpt from IEEE PSPB Operations Manual 2017)
- General information for authors
- IEEE PDF Checker (mandated to be used by authors)
- Information for Special Sections
Calls for Papers for opened Special Sections
Calls for Papers for closed Special Sections
- Nature inspired methods in Industry Applications (Deadline:
May. 31Jul. 10, 2017)
- Recent trends and developments in Industry 4.0 motivated robotic solutions (Deadline:
Apr. 15, May 31, 2017)
- Information Technology in Automation
Mar. 31, May 1, 2017)
- Industrial Communication Technologies and Systems (Deadline:
Mar. 31, May 1, 2017)
- Engineering Industrial Data Analytics Platforms for Internet of Things (Deadline:
Mar. 1, Apr 1, 2017)
- Cloud Computing in Smart Grid Operation and Management (Deadline:
Feb. 28, Apr 1, 2017)
- Multisensor Fusion and Integration for Intelligent Systems (Deadline:
Feb. 28, Mar. 30, 2017)
- Smart Grid and Renewable Energy Resources: Information and Communication Technologies with Industry Perspective (Deadline:
Dec. 30, 2016, Jan. 8, 2017)
- Semantic Technologies in Automation Systems (Deadline:
Jun. 30, 2016, Nov. 1, 2016)
- Dependability in Industrial Informatics (Deadline:
Jun. 30, 2016, Oct. 30, 2016)
- Systems of Power Converters: Design, Modeling, Control, and Implementation (Deadline:
Aug. 30, 2016, Oct. 31, 2016)
- Emerging Informatics for Risk Hedging and Decision Making in Smart Grids (Deadline: Jul. 31, 2016)
- Electric Vehicles as Smart Grid Enablers (Deadline: Jul. 31, 2016)
- Knowledge Based Automated Production Systems and Services: Enabled by Data Analytics (Deadline: May. 31, 2016)
- Smart Transformer: Control, Communication and Applications (Deadline: May. 31, 2016)
Recently published Special Sections
- Recent Advances in Network Big Data Analysis (published in: Issue 4, Aug. 2017)
- Advanced Signal and Image Processing Techniques for Electric Machine and Drives Fault Diagnosis and Prognosis (published in Issue 3, Jun. 2017)
- New perspectives on Wireless Communications in Automation: From Industrial Monitoring and Control to Cyber-physical Systems (published in Issue 3, Jun. 2017)
- Smart Agents and Cyber-Physical Systems for Future Industrial Systems (published in Issue 2, Apr. 2017)
- Internet-of-the-Things for Smart Cities and Urban Informatics (published in Issue 2, Apr. 2017)
- Communications in Automation-Innovation Drivers and New Trends (published in Issue 2, Apr. 2017)
- Industrial Sensing Intelligence (published in Issue 6, Dec. 2016)
- Healthcare Systems and Technologies (published in Issue 6, Dec. 2016)
- New Trends in Control and Filtering of Networked Systems (published in Issue 5, Oct. 2016)
- Communication in Automation (published in Issue 5, Oct. 2016)
- Networked Energy Systems: Architectures, Communication, and Management (published in Issue 5, Oct. 2016)
- Digital Holography for Industrial Applications (published in Issue 4, Aug. 2016)
- Big Data Analytics: Risk and Operations Management for Industrial Applications (published in Issue 3, Jun. 2016)
- Industrial Wireless Networks: Applications, Challenges and Future Directions (published in Issue 2, Apr. 2016)
- Enabling Technologies and Methodologies for Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining in Smart Grids (published in Issue 2, Apr. 2016)
Published Special Sections are listed here
Read the TII on IEEE Xplore
- Early Access
- Current Issue
- 2017: Feb., Apr., Jun., Aug., Oct., Dec.
- 2016: Feb., Apr., Jun., Aug., Oct., Dec.
- 2015: Feb., Apr., Jun., Aug., Oct., Dec.
- 2014: Feb., May., Aug., Nov.
- 2013: Feb., May., Aug., Nov.
- 2012: Feb., May., Aug., Nov.